7 Benefits of Konjac Noodles
The konjac plant (Amorphophallus konjac) grows in slopes 2000 to 4000 foot above sea level, where it enjoys the habitat’s clean air and water.
The edible part of the konjac plant is the root which resembles an oval shaped yam potato or taro.
Konjac noodles was made by nature soluble fiber – Konjac glucomannan (KGM) and water, are very low carb and very low glycemic nature food. The regular noodles have 300kcal, but konjac noodles only 6 kcal. They consist primarily of konjac glucomannan soluble fiber, and are very low glycemic, and therefore especially good for people with diabetes.
Here are some benefit of Hethstia konjac noodles:
- Weight management – Glucomannan fills the stomach and slows the digestion process, which helps the consumer feel “full” for longer, reducing the urge for heavy meals or snacks.
- Help control blood sugar level – By extending the time required to digest a meal, sugars and carbohydrates from other food intake are processed slower, which reduces spikes in blood sugar levels.
- Reduce cholesterol – Glucomannan gel in the digestive system inhibits the absorption of lipids, such as LDL (it is a kind of bad cholesterol).
- Regulate bowel movements – As with many food items that contain dietary fibers, glucomannan can help regulate bowel movements.
- Protect liver and stomach – glucomannan according to form a film coat to protect your liver and stomach when we are drinking eating or others.
- Great for our heart and brain
- Prevent cancer – Konjac forms a translucent film coat that adheres to the intestinal wall and blocks the absorption of various harmful substances, especially carcinogens.
Konjac noodles is a weight loss food, you can enjoy a full meal with few calories and feel satisfied quickly.
Konjac root fiber (Glucomannan)was listed as one of the top ten healthiest foods by World Health Organization.